The Montgomery Symphony Orchestra announces auditions for the following positions:
Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Tuba, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and Percussion.
Audition Requirements for all EXCEPT PERCUSSION:
- 2 scales (ranging between A Major and E-flat Major) and the tonic arpeggios that go with them - Must be played in two octaves. Must have one scale with sharps and one scale with flats.
- 1 prepared piece - This piece must show off your skills and make you sound your best, but have appropriate difficulty level.
Audition Requirements for Percussionists:
- For fair judgement, percussionists will prepare these excerpts for their chosen percussion instrument.
- Players can audition for each for three areas, or just one.
- Snare drum and auxiliary percussion (triangle, cymbals, tambourine, etc.)
- Mallet percussion
- For percussionists auditioning on mallet percussion, you may play any prepared piece.
- Players should bring their own snare drum, triangle, tambourine, and all mallets. The bigger instruments will be provided.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 4, 2018, beginning at 9:00 AM, at the Davis Theatre in Downtown Montgomery. Click here to register. Your audition registration form must be completed no later than 2 days prior to the audition date. Audition forms must be completed to receive an audition time. For more information, call the Symphony Office at 334-240-4004, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.